DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2020 ― Africa Media Development Foundation (AMDF) has called for applications from interested professional, or freelance journalists in Africa for its 2020 Journalist of the Year Award.
The Award is open to professional journalists from Africa, who have published stories on either radio, tv, online, or print media targeting African audience.
- Each piece of work submitted must be an untold story from Africa and focused on Africans
- The piece must reflect high-quality journalism work, highlighting major issues in the story, as well as skills of the entrant in terms of quality of writing and logical presentation.
- The piece should have been first published or broadcast in an African medium, or Africa focused medium, between 1st September 1, 2019 and August 30, 2020.
- All submitted works must be in the English Language.
- A maximum of one entry will be allowed per entrant.
- Past awardees are not eligible to submit entries.
- AMDF Employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- The journalist with the most outstanding work amongst the finalists will be selected as the 2020 AMDF Journalist of the Year.
- By sending an entry to this competition, you agree to grant AMDF a royalty-free licence to use your submitted works for any purpose deemed appropriate for the development of the Award concept, the AMDF and the media in general.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send a URL (web link) of the published work, alongside other required documents – hard copies are not acceptable.
The submitted package should include the current CV of the journalist who bears by-line of the story, a high-resolution passport photograph, a cover statement of not more than 400 words on the story; explaining the background of the work: identify the issues, what led to the topic, any unusual experience encountered in the cause of the work and also describing challenges to the content of the story that was not reported in the original work.
- Entry should be sent through emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winner will be presented with the Award at the 2020 Africa Conference on Development Journalism (#ACDJ2020) holding in December.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
DEADLINE: ROLLING ― In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, the Rory Peck Trust has created a dedicated fund to provide practical and financial support to active freelance news journalists whose work and livelihoods have been directly affected by COVID-19. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2020 ― A national newspaper is looking to engage the services of reporters. This is according to a vacancy placed on page 8 of the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, August 31, 2020. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 ― The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), based in Geneva, is inviting interested photographers to submit their images on nature in support of the restoration of ecosystems. APPLY HERE