DEADLINE: JULY 21, 2020 — Dubawa, a fact-checking project of the Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ) is looking for a motivated and highly experienced a full-time editor and a researcher.
The editor will oversee Dubawa’s content publishing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
He/she will work with a team of writers and designers to develop and curate compelling and engaging contents.
The editor’s primary duties will include content strategy, proofreading and editing, analysing readership data, and developing Dubawa’s content strategy.
To excel in this role, applicant must have 5 years’ experience or more in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organisational skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications or a related field is also a must.
- Supervise a team of writers and coordinate with freelance contributors.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Ensure that publications are printed on time, content meets the project’s needs, and follows our in-house style guide.
- Organise, modify and update existing content.
- Analyse data and analytics, and seek to increase reader engagement and retention.
- Write fact-checked pieces and articles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in writing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a 250-word suitability statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
The researcher’s requirements are:
- Writing proficiency
- Research proficiency
- Minimum of a bachelors degree
- Basic Content Management and Analysis knowledge
- An analytical mind
The responsibility of the researcher will be to:
- Manage Dubawa’s Content databases
- Conduct research and write articles on finding from said database or others as will be made available
- Conduct regular media monitoring exercises
- Conduct various analysis including but not limited to social network analysis, content analysis, etc
- Conduct field research when necessary.
Qualified applicants should APPLY HERE.