DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 20, 2020 ― TVC Communications is looking for suitable candidates to fill in the position of a News Programme Producer.
TVC Communications is one of Nigeria’s leading broadcast companies operating market-leading channels including TVC, TVC News Channel, Max 102.3 Lagos, Adaba FM Ondo and TVC Digital.
TVC Communications is expanding its business through an aggressive programme of investment to help build audience share and drive cross-platform advertising revenue.
Interested applicants with academic qualifications including Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BSC) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mass Communication, Humanities or its equivalent can apply. Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
The applicants must also possess a minimum of five years experience in a similar position.
A programmes producer is one of the most integral members of any production team.
The News Programme Producer will;
- Take all the elements of a newscast (packages, video, graphics, etc.) and compile them into a cohesive show.
- Work in conjunction with the programme studio director and producers and create the quality content for the show.
- Ensure contents are developed using specific programme methodology and psychology.
- Ensure that this is carried out by meeting with the producers, programmes studio director and floor manager in daily pre-production meetings for the show.
- Inform the producers in pre-production meetings of the direction of each show.
- Create treatment specifics.
- Create tactical approach to interviews.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the technical director and team in the control room to ensure the smooth running of the show.
- Ensure producers work with regulatory considerations and political correctness.
- Develop creative content for shows to project commercial viability.
- Review the statistics from the show and analyse them for reports and feedback to the supervising producer on movement forward.
- Submit reports based on these with analysis and comment.
- Write the script for the programmes.
- Organise the show, to ensure that there is good ‘flow’.
- Gather leads for possible stories.
- Monitor the wire agencies/network feeds for potential stories.
- Ensure videos are edited for voice-overs.
- Keep in touch with reporters and crew in the field in order to monitor how stories are developing.
- Write in-show and pre-show teases.
- Coordinate live shots.