IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We are no longer receiving applications for these spots.
Applications sent in going forward will no longer be considered. Kindly bear with us.
We are a pretty young and self-funded social enterprise and media hub looking to facilitate training, fellowships, awards and reporting opportunities for practising professional and campus journalists nationwide.
We do this while providing journalists with opportunities, media resources and solutions to contemporary challenges facing media practitioners.
As we move to improve and develop the capacity building of campus journalists in 2022, we are putting together two different projects for campus journalists: one focuses on West Africa while the other focuses on Nigeria. But we need your help.
We are looking for the following volunteers to assist us in actualising these projects that focus on solutions journalism and environmental crime reporting.
Social media handler
- Update followers about the projects’ progress
- Create related contents on Facebook and Twitter about project and organisation’s offerings
- Create contents that will lead to engagements on social media
- Engage and reply to queries on I-79 Media Consults’ social media accounts
- Write publishable contents about our programmes
- Monitor training sessions and create news reports from same
- Provide contents for the projects’ periodic newsletters
- Create visual contents that align with project’s objectives
- Create visual contents that projects organisation’s lofty aims
- Create visual contents that lead to engagements on social media
- Assist with the overall programme management
- Coordinate web-based training sessions
- Coordinate the array of campus journalists to be engaged on the projects
- Occasionally create training modules for project
- Keep tabs with projects’ outlines, goals and objectives
THINGS TO NOTE
While we do not have a very large financial capacity, we’ll pay a token for these services rendered. Goodie bags and certification will also be made available for volunteers during and after the conclusion of the projects.
Work is remote, but interested persons must have stable internet service and be able to meet project deadlines.
It is expedient to note that these positions require that volunteers have and use their own PC and other necessary gadgets.
While there’s no educational requirements for these spots, interested persons must have a clear understanding of contemporary development issues and must show interest in solutions and environment reporting. Volunteers must also have experience in the positions they are applying for or other related fields.
We look forward to engaging self-motivated young persons with excellent management, interpersonal, and leadership skills who can work independently and cooperatively with team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their applications and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Volunteer + Job Title (e.g Volunteer Graphic Designer) as the subject of the email.
About I-79 Media Consults
I-79 Media Consults is Nigeria’s unique social hub, renowned for media training, consultancy, career development initiatives towards sustainable development with an operational base in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
We identify and help facilitate training, fellowship and award opportunities in media practice whilst providing media resources and solutions to contemporary challenges facing media practitioners.
Registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria, I-79 Media Consults is growing to emerge as one of the leading media platforms that assist young media professionals to build and strengthen media practice with sustainable development initiatives and programmes, not just for Nigeria but also for Africa.
I-79 Media Consults focuses on Media Career Development initiatives that are geared towards providing creative and innovative media solutions as they relate to media welfare programmes and capacity building projects.
In a bid to achieve our vision, we focus on four thematic programme areas, including Media Training, Media Services and Consultancy, Media Career Development and Organising Media Awards, Workshops and Symposiums.