DEADLINE: AUGUST 30, 2019
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey and Anadolu Agency, will organize an international youth media camp which will expose youth from OIC Member States to learning about journalism, and current media global issues.
- Enhancing youth media capacity and participation;
- Explore the interconnections between media and societal (in)tolerance, especially with regards to immigrants and refugees;
- Identify possible media work directions and strategies reflecting participants’ social realities;
- Understand and evaluate the reliability of journalistic craft (e.g. non-biased reporting, usage of proper sources);
- Explore youth media participation in culturally diverse societies;
- Strengthen youth connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media;
LOCATION & DATE
Location: Samsun, Turkey
Males: September 15– 21, 2019
Females: September 22 – 29, 2019
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPANT SELECTION
The final selection will be made by the organizing team. Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- ability to communicate in English
- Age between 18–35
- media background (study, work experience or interest)
- involved in/or have coordinated media related project
- active in the service and development of the community
- leader with impact in his/her local community
- commitment to attending the full course of the media camp
Important note: Only selected participants will be informed about the eligibility of their applications.
Applications must be returned by no later than August 20, 2019 via application link:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 20, 2019
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: August 30, 2019
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation with logistics and program details. Due to a limited timing, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who were not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF and Social Media accounts.
Round trip travel expenses from his/her country of residence to the camp venue in Samsun will be covered. Also participants’ visa, medical and travel insurance.
Accommodation and further costs:
Host organizers will cover domestic transportation, accommodation, food and other relevant costs related of local hospitality.
For further info, please contact:
Hilal Öztürk, Project Coordinator
Phone: +902124653939 (Ext: 22) (between 9AM-6:00PM (GMT+3), from Mon-Frid.
Be the first to comment