DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021 —The AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards 2021 contest is currently open for submissions from journalists around the world.
The awards, an internationally recognized measure of excellence in science journalism, support individuals for coverage of the sciences, engineering and mathematics.
The 2021 Awards is open in the following categories:
• Science Reporting – Large Outlet: Text pieces in print or online from large newspapers with a circulation of more than 150,000 (largest single day, including digital subscriptions) and digital-only publications with a regional or national audience.
• Science Reporting – Small Outlet: Text pieces in print or online from small newspapers with circulation of 150,000 or less (largest single day, including digital subscriptions) and digital-only publications with a local audience.
• Science Reporting – In-Depth: An entry of more than 5,000 words for a newspaper, magazine or online site.
• Magazine: Stories in print magazines, on magazine websites or in digital-only magazines. 5,000 words or less.
• Video In-Depth Reporting: Segments or programs longer than 20 minutes. Includes stand-alone online videos.
• Video Spot News/Feature Reporting: Segments or programs totaling 20 minutes or less. Includes stand-alone online videos.
• Audio: Radio or Podcast.
• Children’s Science News: Open to journalists working in any medium – print, broadcast or online – for excellence in reporting science news for children, including young teens up to age 14.
The deadline for submission of entries is August 1, 2021.
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
DEADLINE: ROLLING —Open Technology Fund (OTF) through its Rapid Response Fund is offering financial support and technical services to bloggers, cyber activists, journalists, and human rights defenders. APPLY HERE
Rory Peck Trust is offering Assistance Grants to professional freelance journalists and their families who are facing crises related to their work. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for the Howard G. Buffett Fund to support women journalists. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Center For Journalists (ICFJ) is looking for a committed and talented intern to join its communications team. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: ROLLING — The Stanley Center for Peace and Security is organising a multimedia project that examines how the Coronavirus pandemic and government responses can either mitigate or contribute to risk factors for atrocities. APPLY HERE
Freelance journalists who are available for immediate engagement in Nigeria can apply. APPLY HERE