DEADLINE: JANUARY 12, 2020 ― 2021 World Press Photo Contest is currently accepting entries in the following categories: Contemporary Issues, Environment, General News, Long-Term Projects, Nature, Portraits, Sports, and Spot News.
The winners of the World Press Photo of the Year and the World Press Photo Story of the Year awards will receive €5,000 each.
Pictures must meet the following specifications:
- Upload images with the original pixel size (unless cropped). Do not scale and do not change the resolution.
- ICC profile must be embedded. AdobeRGB, sRGB or grayscale Gamma 2.2 are recommended. No CMYK.
- Must be uploaded in JPEG format with high-quality compression. We will use winning images for high-quality production of the yearbook and exhibitions.
- Participants must provide their file(s) as recorded by the camera for all images that proceed to the final stages of the contest. These file(s) will be requested and studied confidentially between 16 January and 24 February 2021. Failure to provide these files when requested will lead to the exclusion of the entry.
- In the same period, participants can be contacted and asked to verify their captions and metadata with the fact-checking team.
To enter the contest, interested participants should create a personal Picter account and register for the 2021 World Press Photo Contest.
All entries must be solely in English language.
Each registration will be reviewed to ensure compliance with entry rules.
All nominated photographers of the photo contest will receive:
- Inclusion in the annual World Press Photo year-long worldwide exhibition
- Inclusion in the annual collectible yearbook, available in multiple languages with a worldwide distribution of more than 30,000
- Publication in the online collection and a personal profile on World Press Photo’s website
- Promotion on World Press Photo’s platforms
- Invitation to a small online festival including the winners announcement, presentations, lectures and networking opportunities for the winners to connect to a selected group of jurors, editors and industry professionals
The prize-winning photographs are assembled into a worldwide year-long exhibition. The winning pictures are also published on World Press Photo’s website, across social media platforms, and in the annual yearbook, which is available in multiple languages.
The deadline for submissions is 12th January 2021, 12.00 noon CET.
Nominees will be announced on 10th March 2021. Winners will be announced on 15th April 2021.
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― Business journalists from across Africa are invited to submit entries for the 6th edition of the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking proposals that develop innovative approaches to reporting on the novel coronavirus crisis using collaboration among journalists and newsrooms across state lines or national borders. APPLY HERE.
DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2021 ― Interested persons can apply for the Goethe-Institut memory project tagged Archive of Forgetfulness. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: ROLLING ― In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, the Rory Peck Trust has created a dedicated fund to provide practical and financial support to active freelance news journalists whose work and livelihoods have been directly affected by COVID-19. APPLY HERE