Are you looking for media opportunities to apply for in the remaining days this August? Then you are at the right place.
Here are a few media opportunities you can check and apply for before their deadlines.
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of being selected, you can still apply. What do you have to lose?
Check the shortlist below;
- Thomson Reuters Foundation training on reporting malaria in Africa: DEADLINE: AUGUST 26, 2020 ― Thomson Reuters Foundation is delighted to offer African journalists, who are motivated to report on malaria, the opportunity to take part in a new remote training initiative, Reporting on Malaria in Africa. This remote course will begin on Monday, 07 September and end on Friday, 25 September. APPLY HERE
- CHARM Media Fellowship: Reporting on Human Rights and Media Freedoms in Africa: DEADLINE: AUGUST 28, 2020 ―Are you a journalist covering issues/events on civil society, media, gender, labour, LGBTQI+ or environmental and Indigenous rights? Would you welcome additional funding to help tell important, untold human rights-related stories from across Africa? APPLY HERE
- Applications open for WSCIJ COVID-19 Reality Check Project: DEADLINE: AUGUST 30, 2020 ― The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) is inviting Nigerian full-time and freelance journalists to submit their story pitches for consideration for funding as part of the organisation’s COVID-19 Reality Check Project supported by the MacArthur Foundation. APPLY HERE
- VACANCY: Health fellow needed at Africa Check: DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2020 ― Africa Check is offering a year-long fellowship, in partnership with Facebook, to deepen its health misinformation work. Over the past several months, Africa Check has increasingly focused on debunking COVID-19 misinformation and wants to expand the capacity to combat health misinformation and surface more reliable information to people. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Alfred Friendly Press Fellowship: DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2020 ― Applications are now open for the Alfred Friendly Press fellows worldwide. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Open Society fellowships in investigative reporting: DEADLINE: AUGUST 31 ― Journalists and media scholars can now apply for the 2021 Open Society fellowships in investigative reporting. APPLY HERE
MORE OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2020 ― Ahead of the African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC), Wits Journalism, the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is offering grants to enable investigative journalism in Africa. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2020 ― Young journalists from around the world can apply for the paid 3-month climate journalism mentorship programme organised by Climate Tracker. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 ― The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), based in Geneva, is inviting interested photographers to submit their images on nature in support of the restoration of ecosystems. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 ― The Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center for Scholars and Writers is calling for applications for its 2021-2022 International Fellowship. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 ― Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard University is dedicating its next round of Visiting Fellowships to journalism projects that address coronavirus pandemic and the movement for racial justice in the US. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2020 ― Scholars, practitioners, journalists and public intellectuals can now apply for the Wilson Center Fellowship. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 28, 2020 ― Journalists in Africa can apply for training and grants from the Thomson Reuters Foundation to investigate sports management in their countries or other African countries. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking proposals that develop innovative approaches to reporting on the novel coronavirus crisis using collaboration among journalists and newsrooms across state lines or national borders. APPLY HERE.
Dataphyte invites campus journalists interested in data journalism to register to become Dataphyte’s Campus Journalist Ambassador. APPLY HERE
Newsrooms can now apply to the Solutions Journalism Network (SJN) for funds to sponsor and cover solutions journalism reports. APPLY HERE