Media Trust Limited, publishers of DAILY TRUST and other newspaper titles is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidates to fill the position of Sub-Editors.
Successful candidates will be based in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
The successful candidates will;
- Write, rewrite, edit and proofread news and feature stories
- Check facts and claims to ensure they are accurate
- Ensure stories conform to copyright laws, are not libellous or go against the publication’s policy
- Ensure the house style is adhered to
- Rewrite press releases and statements for news
- Write and edit breaking news
- Ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on each page or section of the website
- Cast headlines that capture the essence of the story
- Add appropriate photos for stories Write and edit captions for photos, videos and illustration.
ALSO READ: VACANCY: Graduate trainees needed at BusinessDay Newspaper
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- News savvy An understanding of the law relating to publishing and journalism
- Meticulous attention to details
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with CMS
- Prior reporting experience a plus
Minimum of a degree or HND in Mass Communication, English or social sciences.
At least five years of working experience as a journalist.
Minimum of two years of working experience as sub-editor.
Prior experience of working as a digital journalist a plus.
Fill and submit the copy editor application form.