Are you interested in journalism and media opportunities? You can check the list below for media and journalism opportunities that resonate with your niche and media career.
These media and journalism opportunities include training, grants, fellowships and award from which media professionals and journalists can benefit from.
It is pertinent to note that interested applicants must prepare their essays, proposals and other necessary details ahead in order to avoid late submissions.
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of winning, APPLY. What have you got to lose?
- Register to attend webinar on pitching COVID-19, solution-driven stories: Interested persons are called to register to attend a webinar that focuses on the art of pitching solutions-driven stories. APPLY HERE
- VACANCY: Fact-check editor, two reporters needed at TheCable: DEADLINE: MARCH 8, 2021 — TheCable invites fact-check editors and criminal justice system and climate change reporters to submit applications. APPLY HERE
- Multimedia journalists can apply for Mobile Filmmaker’s International Fest: DEADLINE: MARCH 10, 2021 — Mobile Filmmaker’s International Festival is inviting filmmakers to submit their works to compete in this festival. APPLY HERE
- Indigenous journalists can apply for grants at EJN: DEADLINE: MARCH 12, 2021 — Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is offering grants to Indigenous journalists to produce stories about environmental degradation in Indigenous communities. APPLY HERE
- Cartoonists and Photojournalists can submit story pitches at WSCIJ: DEADLINE: MARCH 12TH, 2021 —Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) invites Nigerian cartoonists and photojournalists to submit visual story pitches. APPLY HERE
- HMRI, HRJN to train journalists, data scientists: The Human Rights Measurement Initiatives (HRMI) in collaboration with Human Rights Journalists Network (HRJN) seek to train journalists and data scientists on Data and Human Rights Reporting. APPLY HERE
- Apply for grant at Justice for Journalists Foundation: DEADLINE: MARCH 14, 2021 — Justice for Journalists (JFJ) Foundation invites professional and non-professional investigative journalists to apply for grants. APPLY HERE
- Journalists, editors can apply for media management course: DEADLINE: MARCH 15TH, 2021 —KAS Media Africa and Wits Journalism invite African journalists and editors to apply for Media Management short course scholarship. APPLY HERE
- Africans can apply for Eisenhower Fellowships: DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2021 — Eisenhower Fellowships (EF) seek applications from mid-career African leaders confronting the negative impact of climate change in Sub-Saharan Africa. APPLY HERE
- Scholarships for journalism courses available at Orange Knowledge Program (OKP): DEADLINE: MARCH 23, 2021 — The Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) invites mid-career journalists to apply for scholarship to attend short courses and master’s programs. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for Master’s Degree at DW Akademie: DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2021 — DW Akademie is currently accepting applications for its International Media Studies program (IMS) in Bonn, Germany. APPLY HERE
- Register to attend webinars on Africa-China Reporting Project: Interested persons are urged to attend a series of webinars on Africa-China issues. APPLY HERE
- Senior editor, fact-checker, data analyst, other vacancies at Code4Africa: Code for Africa (CfA) is currently accepting applications from professionals in Africa for the following vacancies: APPLY HERE
- Women journalists can apply for IWMF Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for the Howard G. Buffett Fund to support women journalists. APPLY HERE
- VACANCY: Communications Intern Needed at ICFJ: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Center For Journalists (ICFJ) is looking for a committed and talented intern to join its communications team. APPLY HERE
- Apply to investigate impact of COVID-19 on atrocity risks: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The Stanley Center for Peace and Security is organising a multimedia project that examines how the Coronavirus pandemic and government responses can either mitigate or contribute to risk factors for atrocities. APPLY HERE
- Mongabay calls for SRP pitches: DEADLINE: ROLLING — Mongabay invites investigative journalists to submit pitches for the Covering the Commons Special Reporting Project (SRP). APPLY HERE
- Apply for Rory Peck Trust Legal Fund for freelance journalists: Rory Peck Trust invites professional freelance journalists, whose main source of income comes from journalism, to apply for its Legal Fund grants. APPLY HERE
- Free Press Unlimited offers Emergency support: Free Press Unlimited invites journalists and media organisations in distress to apply for emergency support under its Reporters Respond. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for free online science course: SciDev.Net invites journalists to enrol in free and self-paced online course on how to report about science to the public. APPLY HERE
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
- Wiki Loves Africa 2021 Competition now open: DEADLINE: APRIL 15, 2021 — Wiki Loves Africa invites participants to submit photographs, video, audio that illustrate the 2021 theme Health + Wellness. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for Fund for Investigative Journalism: DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2021 — The Fund for Investigative Journalism (FundFIJ) is offering grants to reporters to produce high-quality, unbiased, nonpartisan investigative stories. APPLY HERE
- Apply for 2022 Zayed Sustainability Prize: DEADLINE: MAY 6, 2021 — Small and medium enterprises, non-profit organisations and high schools are invited to submit entries for Zayed Sustainability Prize. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Kurt Schork Memorial Fund: DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021 —The Kurt Schork Memorial Fund (KSMF) is now accepting submissions for its 2021 awards in international journalism. APPLY HERE