Thomson Reuters news reaches a global audience of more than 1 billion people each day.
From politics and finance to sports and showbiz, Thomson Reuters is committed to fast, accurate and independent reporting. Reuters strives for insight and impact.
- Scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020
- Intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or United Arab Emirates
- Opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if you perform strongly
- Applications due by Sunday 15th December
- Participants selected by April 2020
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- Drive to build sources and break news
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
- You should apply directly via our careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
Applications open Friday 1st November and close on Sunday 15th December 2019 at midday (UK time).
If successful, you will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (November–December)
- Online Survey (December-January)
- Video Interview (January-February)
- Panel Interview (February–March)