Are you interested in journalism and media opportunities? You can check the lists below for media and journalism opportunities that resonate with your niche and media career.
These media and journalism opportunities include training, grants, fellowships and award from which media professionals and journalists can benefit. SOme of them have deadlines expiring this July.
It is pertinent to note that interested applicants must prepare their essays, proposals and other necessary details ahead in order to avoid late submissions.
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of winning, APPLY. What have you got to lose?
- Apply for multimedia journalism license:DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2021 —ESJ Lille and the University of Lille are offering a license in multimedia journalism for a ten-month duration. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: The Planet Award: DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2021 —The Global Youth & News Media is currently accepting entries from news organizations for the 2021 Planet Award. APPLY HERE
- TV, Radio journalists can apply for 2021 AIBs awards: DEADLINE: JULY 2, 2021 —The Association for International Broadcasting is currently accepting applications for the annual AIBs awards. APPLY HERE
- Climate solutions journalism fellowship: DEADLINE [EXTENDED]: JULY 2, 2021 —Climate Tracker, in partnership with One Earth, invites applications for a 6-month paid media mentorship-fellowship. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Solutions Journalism Africa Fellowship: DEADLINE: JULY 3, 2021 —Solutions Journalism Africa Fellowship invites applications from individuals interested in promoting health or development-focused African solutions through visual, written, oral and digital media. APPLY HERE
- Social media training/fellowship for youth, SME and campus journalists: DEADLINE: JULY 3, 2021 —Digital Literacy Advocacy Club and Centre for Information Technology and Development invite applications for a virtual social media training/fellowship. APPLY HERE
- Bertha Challenge: Fellowships for Activists and Investigative Journalists: DEADLINE: JULY 3, 2021 —Bertha Foundation invites applications from activists and investigative journalists for the third Bertha Challenge. APPLY HERE
- Reporters needed at The Sun Newspaper: DEADLINE: JULY 7, 2021 — The Sun Newspaper is looking to employ young, daring, smart, and intelligent reporters across Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: #CREATESAFESPACES storytelling project: DEADLINE: JULY 9, 2021 —Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ) invites applications for its #CREATESAFESPACES Storytelling Project. APPLY HERE
- Reporting grants and workshop on digital identity, data & technology in Nigeria: DEADLINE: JULY 9, 2021 —The Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP) at Wits Journalism in Johannesburg and Paradigm Initiative (PIN) based in Nigeria, seek proposals from Nigerian-based journalists for reporting grants and workshop participation. APPLY HERE
- Workshop for journalists at the Data Institute: The Ida B. Wells Society, ProPublica and OpenNews invite journalists to attend Data Institute, a free workshop that teaches journalists how to use data, design and code. APPLY HERE
- EJN: Fisheries subsidies story grants for journalists: DEADLINE: JULY 13, 2021 — Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is offering reporting grants to journalists for in-depth stories on fisheries subsidies issues. APPLY HERE
- Wole Soyinka Media Lecture to hold on July 13th: The 13th edition of the Wole Soyinka Media Lecture Series has been scheduled to hold on Tuesday, 13th July 2021. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Constructive Journalism Fellowship: DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2021 —DW Akademie is offering a Constructive Journalism Fellowship for media professionals from the Middle East and Africa. APPLY HERE
- McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism: DEADLINE: JULY 16, 2021— The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism seeks stories that tackle issues related to the global economy, finance and business. APPLY HERE
- Vacancies for reporters, investigative journalists, copy editors: DEADLINE: JULY 18, 2021 —A leading Nigerian newspaper is looking to employ reporters, investigative journalists and copy editors. APPLY HERE
- Global Short Docs Forum seeks short documentaries: DEADLINE: JULY 22, 2021 —The Global Short Docs Forum invites entries from filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives. APPLY HERE
- IWMF: Global Health Reporting Initiative on vaccines and immunization: DEADLINE: JULY 22ND, 2021 —The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) invites applications for the 2021 Global Health Reporting Initiative on vaccines and immunization. APPLY HERE
- Student ambassador, contributor needed at The Republic: DEADLINE: JULY 25, 2021 —The Republic seeks to hire a paid student ambassador and a paid student contributor for her student-focused projects in Lagos. APPLY HERE
- Call for Data Stories: United Nations World Data Forum 2021: DEADLINE: JULY 25, 2021 —United Nations World Data Forum is open for short videos, visualization/infographics, graphical story/story map (web-based) that highlight data innovations and initiatives. APPLY HERE
CALL FOR OPINION ARTICLES!!!
I-79 Media is accepting opinion pieces and articles from journalists, freelancers, media scholars, students and enthusiasts about issues relating to the operation and development of the media and journalism space in the country and beyond.
Articles are expected to be objective and fact-based opinions that characterise the peculiarities of the first, the Nigerian media space and the rest of the continent and the world.
Kindly send all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by full names and contact details of the writers/contributors.
- Mongabay seeks stories about Africa: Mongabay invites proposals from journalists for conventional news stories, in-depth features, investigative reports, profiles, and case studies. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Orange Knowledge Programme: The Orange Knowledge Programme, a Dutch funding programme, is offering fully funded scholarships to professionals. APPLY HERE
- Female photographers, photojournalists needed at Document Women: Document Women is currently looking for female photographers and photojournalists across the 36 states in Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Pulitzer Center’s data journalism grants: DEADLINE: ROLLING— The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting invites applications for innovative data-driven journalism projects that spotlight under reported issues. APPLY HERE
- Submit pitches to IJNet: DEADLINE: ROLLING— International Journalists’ Network (IJNet) is currently accepting pitches from readers all over the world. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy for Opportunities Editor at IJNet: DEADLINE: ROLLING —The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a part-time Opportunities Editor for its online publication, IJNet. APPLY HERE
- Apply for OTF’S Rapid Response Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING —Open Technology Fund (OTF) through its Rapid Response Fund is offering financial support and technical services to bloggers, cyber activists, journalists, and human rights defenders. APPLY HERE
- Freelancers needed at Progress Clock: Progress Clock seeks story ideas from freelancers on how people, groups, and solutions-minded initiatives solve problems in Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Wits Journalism Africa-China Reporting grants: DEADLINE: ROLLING— Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP) at Wits Journalism invites journalists to submit proposals for grants. APPLY HERE
- Feminstyle Africa seeks feminist writers: Feminstyle Africa is currently accepting entries from feminist writers who wish to be published. APPLY HERE
- Gender equality grants at Pulitzer Center: DEADLINE: ROLLING —The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting seeks to offer gender equality grants for investigative data-driven projects. APPLY HERE
- Africans can apply as content creators, digital storytellers: Content creators and digital storytellers interested in telling human-interest and feature stories about Africa can apply at Africa No Filter’s bird. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy: Writers needed at The Guild: The Guild is currently accepting applications from writers who are interested in news writing. APPLY HERE
- Africa Regional Editor needed at Rest of World: Rest of World is looking for a full-time regional editor to lead her coverage of the impact of tech on people, business, and the economies of Africa. APPLY HERE
- Dataphyte: Contributors to Policy Brief and Socioeconomic Report: Dataphyte seeks applications from candidates to contribute to her periodic pieces targeted at policymakers and business leaders within and outside Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy for Creative Director: TheFASTLANE & Co is hiring a highly skilled Creative Director in Yaba, Lagos State. APPLY HERE
- Communications Intern needed at Premium Times Centre For Investigative Journalism: Premium Times Centre For Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ) invites applications for the role of a Communications Intern. APPLY HERE
- Fact checkers needed at Global Press Accuracy Network: DEADLINE: ROLLING —Global Press is looking to employ Spanish, French, and English-language fact checkers to join its Global Press Accuracy Network (GPAN). APPLY HERE
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
- Submit entries for African Fact-Checking Awards: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021 —The 2021 African Fact-Checking Awards invite applications from journalists and journalism students across the continent. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Aaas Kavli Science Journalism Awards: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021 —The AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards 2021 contest is currently open for submissions from journalists around the world. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Fetisov Journalism Awards 2021: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021— Fetisov Journalism Awards (FJA) 2021 seek applications from professional and freelance journalists. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Rory Peck Awards: DEADLINE: AUGUST 4, 2021 –The Rory Peck Awards for professional freelance journalists and filmmakers working anywhere in the world are now open for entries. APPLY HERE
- MY World 360º invites immersive stories: DEADLINE: AUGUST 5, 2021 —MY World 360º invites immersive creators to produce media that inspire people everywhere to take transformative action. APPLY HERE
- NCDJ’s award for excellence in disability reporting: DEADLINE: AUGUST 7, 2021 —The National Center on Disability and Journalism (NCDJ) invites entries for the 2021 Katherine Schneider Journalism Award for Excellence in Reporting on Disability. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Environmental Photographer of the Year: DEADLINE: AUGUST 14, 2021— The Environmental Photographer of the Year competition is now open for applications from photographers around the world. APPLY HERE
- Cinema Verde Environmental Film & Arts Festival: DEADLINE: AUGUST 27, 2021 —The Cinema Verde Environmental Film & Arts Festival is open for entries from professional filmmakers and students. APPLY HERE
- Alfred Friendly Press Partners Fellowship: DEADLINE: AUGUST 31, 2021 —Alfred Friendly Press Partners seeks applications from early-career professional journalists from developing countries for a six-month fellowship. APPLY HERE
- Docudays UA International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 3, 2021 — Docudays UA International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival invites entries from documentary filmmakers worldwide who focus on human rights. APPLY HERE
- Norbert Zongo’s African Prize for Investigative Journalism: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 —African Prize for Investigative Journalism Norbert Zongo (PAJI-NZ) seeks applications for the 2021 journalism awards. APPLY HERE
- TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 —The TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship is currently accepting applications from journalists. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship: DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2021 —The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program seeks entries from democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars from around the world. APPLY HERE