DEADLINE: DECEMBER 14, 2020 ― The Journalismfund.eu is offering working Money Trail grants to African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse and corruption.
Money Trail is a collaborative project between highly regarded journalism and training organisations – Journalismfund.eu, Finance Uncovered, Free Press Unlimited – and Oxfam Novib.
Eligible applicants must include:
- Intercontinental journalist teams from Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story – where the money trail leads to a tax haven – can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia must collaborate with local journalists.
Applications must have been received before December 14, 2020, 10.00 AM (Brussels time).
Targets investigations preferably should not be longer than six months
There will be 11 application rounds over three years, 2018 – 2020.
The total amount per call is around 50.000 euro and will be distributed among different projects.
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
Apply for the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― Business journalists from across Africa are invited to submit entries for the 6th edition of the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards. APPLY HERE
Coronavirus News Collaboration Challenge 2020
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking proposals that develop innovative approaches to reporting on the novel coronavirus crisis using collaboration among journalists and newsrooms across state lines or national borders. APPLY HERE.
Apply for Goethe-Institut Africa-focused memory project
DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2021 ― Interested persons can apply for the Goethe-Institut memory project tagged Archive of Forgetfulness. APPLY HERE
Apply for Rory Peck Trust COVID-19 Hardship Fund
DEADLINE: ROLLING ― In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, the Rory Peck Trust has created a dedicated fund to provide practical and financial support to active freelance news journalists whose work and livelihoods have been directly affected by COVID-19. APPLY HERE