Are you interested in journalism and media opportunities? You can check the list below for media and journalism opportunities that resonate with your niche and media career.
These media and journalism opportunities include training, grants, fellowships and award from which media professionals and journalists can benefit from.
It is pertinent to note that interested applicants must prepare their essays, proposals and other necessary details ahead in order to avoid late submissions.
Follow us on Twitter to get up-to-date opportunities!!!
Submit your media opinions and articles here
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of winning, APPLY. What have you got to lose?
- UNESCO, Namibia to host World Press Freedom Day 2021 international conference: In commemoration of the 2021 World Press Freedom Day, UNESCO and the Government of Namibia will host an international conference that will take place on May 1st to 3rd in Windhoek.
- Freelance content producer needed at TRi Facts: DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2021— TRi Facts seeks a freelance content producer to research and write blogs as well as content for social media posts. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Allard Photography Competition: DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2021 —The Allard Prize Committee invites photographers to submit entries for the bi-annual Allard Photography Competition. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for Fund for Investigative Journalism: DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2021 — The Fund for Investigative Journalism (FundFIJ) is offering grants to reporters to produce high-quality, unbiased, nonpartisan investigative stories. APPLY HERE
- Senior Journalist Team Manager needed at BBC Africa: DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2021— British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Africa seeks a Senior Journalist Team Manager to join its digital hub in Nairobi, Kenya. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Africa photojournalism award: DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2021 —The Africa Photojournalism Award seeks images that creatively and artistically address the topic of the future in Africa. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for science media award: DEADLINE: MAY 3, 2021 —The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) invites entries for the Science Media 2021 Award for outstanding science reporting. APPLY HERE
- Apply for African liberty writing fellowship: DEADLINE: MAY 5, 2021 —African Liberty is currently accepting applications for its fully-funded 2021 Writing Fellowship program. APPLY HERE
- Apply for 2022 Zayed Sustainability Prize: DEADLINE: MAY 6, 2021 — Small and medium enterprises, non-profit organisations and high schools are invited to submit entries for Zayed Sustainability Prize. APPLY HERE
- Applications open for Dubawa’s Kwame Karikari Fact-Checking and Research Fellowship: DEADLINE: MAY 7, 2021— DUBAWA invites applications from journalists and researchers for the 2021 Kwame Karikari fact-checking and research fellowship. APPLY HERE
- Africa: Journalists can apply for conference on dryland restoration: DEADLINE; MAY 10, 2021— The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is set to host a digital conference on restoration of drylands in Africa. APPLY HERE
- Call for start-ups at DW Global Media Forum: DEADLINE: MAY 15, 2021— Deutsche Welle (DW) invites media start-ups from around the globe to pitch ideas and business models for the Global Media Forum. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: 2021 Global Peace Photo Award: DEADLINE: MAY 23, 2021 —Professional and amateur photographers around the world are invited to submit entries for the 2021 Global Peace Photo Award. APPLY HERE
- Apply for WAN-IFRA’s African Digital Media Awards: DEADLINE: MAY 25, 2021 —WAN-IFRA’s African Digital Media Awards is currently accepting entries from news publishers in Africa. APPLY HERE
- Fact-checkers can apply for internship at CDD: DEADLINE: MAY 27, 2021 —Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) seeks talented and passionate young individuals as fact-checkers to counter fake news and misinformation, APPLY HERE
- Apply for Gordon N. Fisher/JHR journalism fellowship: DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2021 —The Gordon N. Fisher/JHR Journalism Fellowship at Massey College in the University of Toronto is currently accepting applications for the 2021 session. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Kurt Schork Memorial Fund: DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021 —The Kurt Schork Memorial Fund (KSMF) is now accepting submissions for its 2021 awards in international journalism. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition: DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021 — Africa Geographic invites photographers aged 18 and above to apply for the Photographer of the Year 2021 competition. APPLY HERE
- UNESCO Clubs 2021 worldwide youth multimedia competition: DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021 —USFUCA, UNESCO Center for Peace and World Genesis Foundation invite youth around the world to participate in 2021 youth multimedia Competition. APPLY HERE
- ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents 2021: DEADLINE: MARCH 31ST, 2021 —The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is offering scholarship for postgraduate studies in China. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Photo Contest at Un-Habitat, LaCoMoFa: DEADLINE: MARCH 31ST, 2021 —UN-Habitat and the Laboratory of Architecture and Environmental Design (LaCoMoFa), Biskra University seek entries for “Valuing our Communities Photo Competition”. APPLY HERE
CALL FOR OPINION ARTICLES!!!
I-79 Media is pleased to inform you that we are accepting opinion pieces and articles from journalists, freelancers, media scholars, students and enthusiasts about issues relating to the operation and development of the media and journalism space in the country.
Articles are expected to be objective and fact-based opinions that characterise the peculiarities of the first, the Nigerian media space and the rest of the continent and the world.
Kindly send all articles to email@example.com, accompanied by full names and contact details of the writers/contributors.
- Apply for OTF’S Rapid Response Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING —Open Technology Fund (OTF) through its Rapid Response Fund is offering financial support and technical services to bloggers, cyber activists, journalists, and human rights defenders. APPLY HERE
- Communications Manager needed at Co-creation Hub: Co-creation Hub invites applications for the role of a full-time Communication Manager. APPLY HERE
- Students can apply for remote journalism internship: Media Career Development Network has launched its remote internship training programme for student journalists. APPLY HERE
- Freelancers needed at Progress Clock: Progress Clock seeks story ideas from freelancers on how people, groups, and solutions-minded initiatives solve problems in Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Women journalists can apply for IWMF Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for the Howard G. Buffett Fund to support women journalists. APPLY HERE
- Apply to investigate impact of COVID-19 on atrocity risks: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The Stanley Center for Peace and Security is organising a multimedia project that examines how the Coronavirus pandemic and government responses can either mitigate or contribute to risk factors for atrocities. APPLY HERE
- Mongabay calls for SRP pitches: DEADLINE: ROLLING — Mongabay invites investigative journalists to submit pitches for the Covering the Commons Special Reporting Project (SRP). APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for Bioenergy Reporting Project at Mongabay: DEADLINE: ROLLING —Mongabay seeks pitches for special reporting project on bioenergy processes being developed and utilized around the globe. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Rory Peck Trust Legal Fund for freelance journalists: Rory Peck Trust invites professional freelance journalists, whose main source of income comes from journalism, to apply for its Legal Fund grants. APPLY HERE
- Free Press Unlimited offers Emergency support: Free Press Unlimited invites journalists and media organisations in distress to apply for emergency support under its Reporters Respond. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for free online science course: SciDev.Net invites journalists to enrol in free and self-paced online course on how to report about science to the public. APPLY HERE
- Register to attend webinars on Africa-China Reporting Project: Interested persons are urged to attend a series of webinars on Africa-China issues. APPLY HERE
- McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism: DEADLINE: JULY 16, 2021— The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism seeks stories that tackle issues related to the global economy, finance and business. APPLY HERE