Journalists and media practitioners in Nigeria seeking to apply for media/ journalism engagements can check these opportunities with deadlines in September 2020.
These media/ journalism opportunities include paid and unpaid media/journalism engagements from the country, continent and across the globe.
Journalists and media practitioners can also check other media/ journalism opportunities including conferences, fellowships, trainings, awards and courses etc. from the long list below.
- Applications open for the Kleptocracy Project Part II: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 ― ZAM, in conjunction with its partner network of African investigative journalists, is looking to dissect the kleptocracies in Part II of its Kleptocracy Project. APPLY HERE
- African journalists can apply for grants from AIJC, Wits Journalism: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2020 ― Ahead of the African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC), Wits Journalism, the Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg is offering grants to enable investigative journalism in Africa. APPLY HERE
- Climate journalism mentorship programme for young professionals: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2020 ― Young journalists from around the world can apply for the paid 3-month climate journalism mentorship programme organised by Climate Tracker. APPLY HERE
- Photographers can apply for photo contest on nature: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 ― The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), based in Geneva, is inviting interested photographers to submit their images on nature in support of the restoration of ecosystems. APPLY HERE
- Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Centre Fellowship for scholars and writers: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 ― The Dorothy and Lewis B. Cullman Center for Scholars and Writers is calling for applications for its 2021-2022 International Fellowship. APPLY HERE
- Apply for remote Nieman Visiting Fellowships: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 ― Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard University is dedicating its next round of Visiting Fellowships to journalism projects that address coronavirus pandemic and the movement for racial justice in the US. APPLY HERE
A new addition has been added to this list. See below.
- VACANCY: Reporters needed at a national newspaper: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2020 ― A national newspaper is looking to engage the services of reporters. This is according to a vacancy placed on page 8 of the Nigerian Tribune on Monday, August 31, 2020. APPLY HERE
MORE OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
Apply for Rory Peck Trust COVID-19 Hardship Fund
DEADLINE: ROLLING ― In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, the Rory Peck Trust has created a dedicated fund to provide practical and financial support to active freelance news journalists whose work and livelihoods have been directly affected by COVID-19. APPLY HERE
Apply to be Dataphyte’s campus journalist ambassador
Dataphyte invites campus journalists interested in data journalism to register to become Dataphyte’s Campus Journalist Ambassador. APPLY HERE
Apply for $1000 SJN solutions journalism grant
Newsrooms can now apply to the Solutions Journalism Network (SJN) for funds to sponsor and cover solutions journalism reports. APPLY HERE
Apply for Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting data journalism grants
DEADLINE: ROLLING BASIS ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is accepting applications for innovative data-driven journalism projects that spotlight underreported issues. APPLY HERE
Journalists can apply for $8,000 COVID-19 emergency fund
DEADLINE: Roling basis ― The National Geographic Society is calling for journalists all around the globe who wish to cover COVID-19 within their own communities to apply for its COVID-19 emergency fund. APPLY HERE.
Female journalists can apply for $2,000 Journalism Relief Fund
DEADLINE: Roling basis ― Female journalists who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for the International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF)’s $2,000 Journalism Relief Fund. APPLY HERE.
Apply for Wilson Center Fellowship
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 1, 2020 ― Scholars, practitioners, journalists and public intellectuals can now apply for the Wilson Center Fellowship. APPLY HERE
Apply for training, grants to investigate sports management in Africa
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 28, 2020 ― Journalists in Africa can apply for training and grants from the Thomson Reuters Foundation to investigate sports management in their countries or other African countries. APPLY HERE
Coronavirus News Collaboration Challenge 2020
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking proposals that develop innovative approaches to reporting on the novel coronavirus crisis using collaboration among journalists and newsrooms across state lines or national borders. APPLY HERE.