Are you looking for media opportunities to apply for in the remaining days of January – the first month of the new year?
We’ve got the right fits for you.
Here are a few media opportunities you can check and apply for before their deadlines in January 2021.
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of being selected, you can still apply. What do you have to lose?
Check the shortlist below for the opportunities that may make your career;
But before you apply for these media opportunities, check out these tips 9 ways to improve journalism grant applications. You will definitely find these hints useful as you apply this January.
- VACANCY: Business reporter needed at BBC Africa TV: DEADLINE: JANUARY 7, 2021 — BBC World Service seeks to employ a senior journalist reporter in Nairobi, Kenya. APPLY HERE
- Digital Journalists can apply for Tow Center Fellowship: DEADLINE: JANUARY 11, 2021 — The Tow Center for Digital Journalism is currently accepting proposals to research emerging technology and trends impacting the news industry. APPLY HERE
- Visual journalists can apply for €5,000 World Press Photo Digital Storytelling Contest: DEADLINE: JANUARY 12, 2021 — World Press Photo Foundation is currently accepting applications for the 2021 Digital Storytelling Contest for visual creators and storytellers worldwide. APPLY HERE
- Photojournalists can apply for 2021 World Press Photo Contest: DEADLINE: JANUARY 12, 2020 ― 2021 World Press Photo Contest is currently accepting entries in the following categories: Contemporary Issues, Environment, General News, Long-Term Projects, Nature, Portraits, Sports, and Spot News. APPLY HERE
- Business journalists can apply for McGraw Fellowship: DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2021 — The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism is currently open to applicants with at least five years of professional experience in journalism. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Goethe-Institut Africa-focused memory project: DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2021 ― Interested persons can apply for the Goethe-Institut memory project tagged Archive of Forgetfulness. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy: Head of advocacy and impact needed at openDemocracy: DEADLINE: JANUARY 17, 2021 — openDemocracy is currently accepting applications from journalists to fill the position of Head of Advocacy and Impact. APPLY HERE
- Female journalists can Apply for IWMF’s $5000 Grants: DEADLINE: JANUARY 17, 2021 — The IWMF’s Kim Wall Memorial Fund seeks to support female journalists, whose work embodies the spirit of Kim’s reporting, with $5,000 grants. APPLY HERE
- Apply for $5000 Michael Elliott Award in African storytelling: DEADLINE: JANUARY 17, 2021 — Applications for Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling 2021 are currently open. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Digital News: DEADLINE: JANUARY 18, 2021 — The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism (RISJ) is accepting entries for a post-doctoral research fellowship in digital news. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Pictures of the Year Award: DEADLINE: JANUARY 18, 2021 — Pictures of the Year International is accepting entries for its 78th competition. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for GRID-Arendal grants to investigate environmental crime: DEADLINE: JANUARY 22, 2021 — GRID-Arendal is offering grants to investigative journalists worldwide to report the environmental crime in developing countries. APPLY HERE
- Apply for O’Brien Fellowship in public service journalism: DEADLINE: JANUARY 23, 2021 ― O’Brien Fellowship is now accepting applications for the 2021-22 academic year on in-depth public service journalism project which will focus on a regional, national or international topics. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for 2021 Hillman Prizes: DEADLINE: JANUARY 30, 2021 — Call for Entries for the 2021 Hillman Prizes is now open. APPLY HERE
- Apply for TRACE Foundation award on commercial bribery reporting: DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2021 — The TRACE Foundation is now accepting entries for the 2021 Prize for Investigative Reporting. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for Knight-Bagehot Fellowship: DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2021 — The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism is currently offering opportunities to journalists to enhance their understanding and knowledge of business, economics, finance and technology. APPLY HERE
- Journalists can apply for 2021 FISU-AIPS Young Reporters Programme: DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2021— The International University Sports Federation is currently accepting applications for the 2021 FISU-AIPS Young Reporters Programme. APPLY HERE
- Apply for 2021 COMESA Media Awards: DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2021 ― The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) has called for entries for the 2021 COMESA Media Awards. APPLY HERE
- Women journalists can apply for IWMF Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for the Howard G. Buffett Fund to support women journalists. APPLY HERE
- VACANCY: Communications Intern Needed at ICFJ: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The International Center For Journalists (ICFJ) is looking for a committed and talented intern to join its communications team. APPLY HERE
- Apply to investigate impact of COVID-19 on atrocity risks: DEADLINE: ROLLING — The Stanley Center for Peace and Security is organising a multimedia project that examines how the Coronavirus pandemic and government responses can either mitigate or contribute to risk factors for atrocities. APPLY HERE