DEADLINE: JANUARY 30, 2021 — Call for Entries for the 2021 Hillman Prizes is now open.
Newspaper and magazine columnists, TV and radio presenters, podcasters, blogs, and bloggers can apply.
Winners will be awarded travel to New York City to receive a $5,000 prize and a certificate.
There is no entry fee neither is there a limit to the number of entries the same outlet may enter.
Entries can be submitted in the following categories:
• Book (bound volumes and ebooks)
• Newspaper Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
• Magazine Journalism (story or series/in print or online)
• Broadcast Journalism (story/series/documentary at least 20 minutes in total package length that has aired on television, radio or podcast)
• Web Journalism (story, series or multimedia not in print. Multimedia projects may include text, photo, video, graphics)
• Opinion & Analysis Journalism (any medium) Includes all types of advocacy, opinion, commentary and analysis, normally short-form and/or frequent, regardless of medium.
Entries must be widely accessible to be U.S. audience
Winners will be announced in April 2021.
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― Business journalists from across Africa are invited to submit entries for the 6th edition of the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2020 ― The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting is seeking proposals that develop innovative approaches to reporting on the novel coronavirus crisis using collaboration among journalists and newsrooms across state lines or national borders. APPLY HERE.
DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2021 ― Interested persons can apply for the Goethe-Institut memory project tagged Archive of Forgetfulness. APPLY HERE
DEADLINE: ROLLING ― In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, the Rory Peck Trust has created a dedicated fund to provide practical and financial support to active freelance news journalists whose work and livelihoods have been directly affected by COVID-19. APPLY HERE