Journalists and media practitioners in Nigeria can apply for these media opportunities with deadline in June 2021.
Journalists and media practitioners can also check other opportunities including conferences, fellowships, trainings, awards and courses etc. from the long list below.
Even if you think you have the slightest chance of winning, APPLY. What have you got to lose?
- Call for applications: Covering Climate Now Journalism Awards: DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2021 —The first annual Covering Climate Now Journalism Awards is now open for applications from around the world. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Direct Look photo contest: DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2021 —FOTODOC Center for Documentary Photography at Sakharov Center invites entries for its seventh annual international Direct Look photo contest. APPLY HERE
- Photography grants at The Everyday Projects: DEADLINE: JUNE 7, 2021— The Everyday Projects is offering grants to photographers to focus on a long-term project in their community. APPLY HERE
- Freelance Journalism Assembly to host conference: Freelance Journalism Assembly will host a three-day journalism empowerment conference for freelance journalists across the world. REGISTER HERE
- British Council: Applications are open for Future News Worldwide: DEADLINE: JUNE 8, 2021— British Council’s Future News Worldwide is currently accepting applications from student journalists for its 2021 Cohort. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy: Nigeria Bureau Chief at Reuters: DEADLINE: JUNE 9, 2021 —Reuters is currently accepting applications for the role of a bureau chief to lead her coverage of Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Apply for Online Journalism Awards: DEADLINE: JUNE 10, 2021 —The Online Journalism Awards (OJAs), which honor excellence in digital journalism around the world, seek applications. APPLY HERE
- IWMF: Apply for Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award: DEADLINE: JUNE 14, 2021—The Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award invites applications from courageous women photojournalists. APPLY HERE
- Call for proposals: SEJ’s fund for environmental journalism: DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2021 —The Society of Environmental Journalists (SEJ) is now accepting proposals for its Fund for Environmental Journalism. APPLY HERE
- Vacancies available at Africa Check: DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2021 —Africa check seeks to hire a presenter, a producer as well as performers for a live radio drama to tackle misinformation around Covid-19. APPLY HERE
- 2021 Benjamin Mkapa African Wildlife Photography Awards: DEADLINE: JUNE 18, 2021 —African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) and Nature’s Best Photography invite entries from photographers from Africa and around the globe for the Mkapa Awards. APPLY HERE
- Media organisations can apply for funding at MDIF Ventures: DEADLINE: JUNE 21, 2021 — The Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) invites applications from growing media companies for the MDIF Ventures. APPLY HERE
- Civic Media Lab’s Anticorruption Postdoctoral Fellowships: DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2021— Civic Media Lab, with support from the MacArthur Foundation, seeks researchers in the social and human sciences to apply for its three post-doctoral fellowships. APPLY HERE
- Call for videos: Allard Prize for International Integrity: DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2021 —The Allard Prize for International Integrity is currently accepting short videos on corruption or human rights. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: West Africa Media Excellence Conference and Awards: DEADLINE: JUNE 30, 2021—The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) invites entries for the 5th edition of the West Africa Media Excellence Conference and Awards (WAMECA). APPLY HERE
CALL FOR OPINION ARTICLES!!!
I-79 Media is pleased to inform you that we are accepting opinion pieces and articles from journalists, freelancers, media scholars, students and enthusiasts about issues relating to the operation and development of the media and journalism space in the country.
Articles are expected to be objective and fact-based opinions that characterise the peculiarities of the first, the Nigerian media space and the rest of the continent and the world.
Kindly send all articles to email@example.com, accompanied by full names and contact details of the writers/contributors.
- Call for applications: Orange Knowledge Programme: The Orange Knowledge Programme, a Dutch funding programme, is offering fully funded scholarships to professionals. APPLY HERE
- Call for pitches: Climate Tracker: Climate Tracker is accepting pitches for stories about climate impacts, solutions, policies and science from all over the world. APPLY HERE
- Female photographers, photojournalists needed at Document Women
- Document Women is currently looking for female photographers and photojournalists across the 36 states in Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Pulitzer Center’s data journalism grants: DEADLINE: ROLLING— The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting invites applications for innovative data-driven journalism projects that spotlight under-reported issues. APPLY HERE
- Submit pitches to IJNet: DEADLINE: ROLLING— International Journalists’ Network (IJNet) is currently accepting pitches from readers all over the world. APPLY HERE
- Vacancy for Opportunities Editor at IJNet: DEADLINE: ROLLING —The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a part-time Opportunities Editor for its online publication, IJNet. APPLY HERE
- Apply for OTF’S Rapid Response Fund: DEADLINE: ROLLING —Open Technology Fund (OTF) through its Rapid Response Fund is offering financial support and technical services to bloggers, cyber activists, journalists, and human rights defenders. APPLY HERE
- Freelancers needed at Progress Clock: Progress Clock seeks story ideas from freelancers on how people, groups, and solutions-minded initiatives solve problems in Nigeria. APPLY HERE
- Wits Journalism Africa-China Reporting grants: DEADLINE: ROLLING— Africa-China Reporting Project (ACRP) at Wits Journalism invites journalists to submit proposals for grants. APPLY HERE
MORE MEDIA AND JOURNALISM OPPORTUNITIES FROM I-79 MEDIA
- Apply for multimedia journalism license: DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2021 —ESJ Lille and the University of Lille are offering a license in multimedia journalism for a ten-month duration. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: The Planet Award: DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2021 —The Global Youth & News Media is currently accepting entries from news organizations for the 2021 Planet Award. APPLY HERE
- Workshop for journalists at the Data Institute: The Ida B. Wells Society, ProPublica and OpenNews invite journalists to attend Data Institute, a free workshop that teaches journalists how to use data, design and code. APPLY HERE
- McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism: DEADLINE: JULY 16, 2021— The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism seeks stories that tackle issues related to the global economy, finance and business. APPLY HERE
- Submit entries for African Fact-Checking Awards: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021 —The 2021 African Fact-Checking Awards invite applications from journalists and journalism students across the continent. APPLY HERE
- Call for entries: Aaas Kavli Science Journalism Awards: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021 —The AAAS Kavli Science Journalism Awards 2021 contest is currently open for submissions from journalists around the world. APPLY HERE
- Call for applications: Fetisov Journalism Awards 2021: DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2021— Fetisov Journalism Awards (FJA) 2021 seek applications from professional and freelance journalists. APPLY HERE
- NCDJ’s award for excellence in disability reporting: DEADLINE: AUGUST 7, 2021 —The National Center on Disability and Journalism (NCDJ) invites entries for the 2021 Katherine Schneider Journalism Award for Excellence in Reporting on Disability. APPLY HERE
- Norbert Zongo’s African Prize for Investigative Journalism: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021 —African Prize for Investigative Journalism Norbert Zongo (PAJI-NZ) seeks applications for the 2021 journalism awards. APPLY HERE