DEADLINE: MONDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER, 2019
Africa Media Development Foundation (AMDF) invites applications from interested professional, or freelance journalists in Africa for its Journalist of the Year Award.
Reports to be submitted must be development focused stories.
Each piece of work submitted must be an untold story from Africa and focused on Africans
The piece must reflect high quality journalism work, highlighting major issues in the story, as well as skills of the entrant in terms of quality of writing and logical presentation.
The piece should have been first published or broadcast in an African medium, or Africa focused medium, between 1st September, 2018 and 30th August, 2019.
Finalist and runner-up will be invited to the Africa Conference on Development Journalism (#ACDJ2019) holding in December, in Kaduna – Nigeria, to receive the Award.
Deadline for Submission of Entries: 4PM Monday 30th September, 2019. Only entries received by the deadline will be treated.
Only entries from Nigeria will be accepted in 2019.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION
- Send a URL (web link) of the published work, alongside other required documents – hard copies are not acceptable.
- Entry should be sent through emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Award is open to professional journalists from Africa, who have published stories on either radio, TV, online, or print media targeting African audience.
The submitted package should include:
- Current CV of the journalist who bears byline of the story
- A high-resolution passport photograph
- A cover statement of not more than 400 words on the story;
- Explaining background of the work: identify the issues, what led to the topic, any unusual experience encountered in the cause of the work.
- Describing challenges to the content of the story that were not reported in the original work.
Read more here.