DEADLINE: OCTOBER 3RD, 2019
The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) and Youths Digest are calling for entries from tertiary education students in Nigeria for the “Campus Investigative Story Challenge.”
The commencement date for receiving entries is on Thursday the 12th of September 2019 and the deadline is 11:59 pm on Thursday the 3rd of October 2019.
The overall prize winner will receive One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100, 000) and will be invited to Abuja before the end of the year to share his/her experience in the course of carrying out the investigation.
Recall that I-79 Media Consults had reported the plan to organise the contest in July.
CISLAC will cover the travel and accommodation cost if the winner is from outside Abuja.
Applicants should always abide by existing laws and avoid plagiarism in the course of writing these investigative stories.
- Applicants must an undergraduate student of any tertiary institution in Nigeria, a proof of which will be requested.
- Entries should be a story that reflects misappropriation of funds, gross negligence of duty, nepotism, bribery and any act deemed inappropriate in the existing laws by public officials or government employees.
- Story is strongly advised to be a report from one of the three sectors: Education, Health and Sports.
- Story can be targeted at the Federal, State or Local Government level.
- Story must be backed by proof. The proof can be in the form of a budget document, media reports, and documents from other credible and verifiable bodies.
- The issue to be reported on should be from 1999 till date.
- Entries must be between 500 to 750 Font size 12, in Times Roman.
- Entries should be sent to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Campus Investigative Story Challenge.”
Read more here.